What's Spinning

Some classic New Orleans shit right here. This version ain't even on Discogs. This was the original release on Disotell Records, and was what prompted Effect Records to come down to New Orleans and sign him. This song also made Bally's the go-to shoe for any local dope man...That is until Soulja Slim came around and put people onto them Reebok Classics.

This dude can tear a stage down to this day.

Bust Down - Putcha Bally's On / Nasty Bitch (Signed!)
IMG_5183 - Copy.jpg

Sia - Colour The Small One (2004 | 2016) - After my last post I went to see what the first exclusive was that I had bought from VMP outside of any of the ROTMs and this was it ... Limited edition of 700 copies on gray marbled vinyl, foil stamped and individually numbered. Coincidentally, this was the first album that Discogs randomly chose for me to play so this was meant to be.

4B262CE1-00DB-41CB-A67F-A33DE39C9A3A.jpeg

E51059A8-3F1A-4C3E-9437-205F74A63F37.jpeg

1D840B9D-6A6A-4A3F-A96B-DB3EC1662EAD.jpeg

For me, it's a combo of how they went about the whole forum business as well as the last few months being pretty barren in terms of ROTMs and exclusives I'd actually want to own. I'm just not in any financial position to spend $29 a month on a service that rarely has records that I really find myself super excited about owning. Even the swaps I did in the last few months were more or less "yeah, I like this album alright, might as well."

That being said, I don't blame people for sticking around. But for me personally it's easier to just be done with the site altogether as of right now.

Right on! Treated appallingly!
Just cancelled my subscription but paid up till Aug.
The ROTMs have frequently been swapped in the last year compared to my 1st year. I took more from the Forum Fellows & Ladies posting their recommendations.

Oh and the records have risen in price too! $34 for ROTM? Yeah, no thanks!

Could have all been so different!

Crazy good album. I could talk a lot about the history of this one, but I'll go ahead and just HIGHLY suggest sitting back sometime and listening to it online. I don't know if it's on Spotify or anything, but most tracks are on Spotify. Unfortunately this one is really tough to get, and I doubt they'll be reissuing this anytime soon, although I'd love to see this and the first 3 Galactic albums get pressed as a retrospective to Theryl DeClouet who recently passed away, and was one of this cities greatest voices.

Hollygrove - New Orleans Best Kept Secret
IMG_5187 - Copy.jpg

What with all the behind the scenes stuff I've not had time to really post anything or spin any records, so I'm changing that right now. I've poured myself a gin and tonic and I've just put this on. First listen and it's really good.

Back