What's Spinning

Michael Kiwanuka - Kiwanuka

It’s been a while since I last listened to it and it’s even better than I remember it being, and I remember it being pretty damn special. This guy is some talent, I can’t wait to hear what he comes up with next. The new sub loves the bass on it too, I can feel the thump right now!

The Smiths - Strangeways, Here We Come

View attachment 134216
As far as final albums from bands that I love, this might be the best one. Such great varied sounds explored, and Johnny Matt is having so much fun with his guitar.

This one is my favourite. It’s very very close between this and the Queen is Dead but I think this one is that bit more adventurous and points to where they might have gone had things not imploded:

Sarah Webster Fabio – Jujus / Alchemy Of The Blues (Folkways Records, 2018 Vinyl Me Please Classics Pressing)

It's been a while since I last listened to this one but I'm glad I did because it's much better than I remembered. Funky, soulful, spoken work hybrid.....great stuff!

IMG_6941.JPG

Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio - Cold As Weiss (Colemine, 2022 Vinyl Me Please Exclusive Pressing)

Speaking of funky! This album is amazing, perhaps my favourite of the year so far.

IMG_6949.JPG

Back