What's Spinning

A-Z 40 & 41

Maggie Bell - Queen of the Night & Suicide Sal

View attachment 130911View attachment 130912

Bought in Brighton and Wichita, but very much a Glasgow artist. Maggie was the signer of the house band at my mumā€™s favourite bar, so there is a good chance they were on speaking terms. Maggie is the kind of vocalist my mum loved, so great memories.
One of the greatest vocalists no one knows. An absolute powerhouse akin to a Scottish Joplin. And cheers, mum! The DNA is good, @Thackeraye.

I plan on spinning this in a couple of months after it gets shipped. New Broken Hearts Are Blue album. It's been out for little while digitally and tomorrow the 4th the vinyl release will finally come out for preorder.

BHAB were a Michigan 90's Emo band that made just one album and played a few shows then broke up. That one album was fantastic. They reunited a few years ago and wrote two ep's and then this full length album. They still have their signature sound but cranked up the more Indie side. It's really really good.

Vinyl preorder up on their bandcamp page tomorrow...

I threw out my back this morning in my office on campus. Practically crawled to my car and cancelled my classes. Got home, took muscle relaxers and pain meds, then crawled to the door when I heard a thump to find some more pumpkins bootlegs showed up.

Cranking this one now.
The Smashing Pumpkins - Triple J Radioshow
IMG_20220303_132517.jpg
Another shockingly good pressing for a boot. Sounds great.

Back