What's Spinning

Collection Playthrough #87

Candy Claws - Ceres & Calypso in the Deep Time

GREAT album. Does your copy have really pronounced hiss/noise towards the end of each side? It’s a lo-fi record so I didn’t notice at first but it seems like a widespread pressing defect. It’s a shame, because it seems like there’s no really solid vinyl pressing of this.

pieter nooten and michael brook - sleeps with fishesB56C19EC-1D19-4FF3-9473-206F6947C78E.jpeg

tragically noisy pressing of an exquisite, underrecognized 4AD classic. mood pieces and miniatures at the corner of ethereal wave and sophisti-pop, very reminiscent of david sylvian. glad to have it and the beauty shines through the crackle but goddamn, WHEN are we going to get a quality reissue of this thing

GREAT album. Does your copy have really pronounced hiss/noise towards the end of each side? It’s a lo-fi record so I didn’t notice at first but it seems like a widespread pressing defect. It’s a shame, because it seems like there’s no really solid vinyl pressing of this.
Yes. It was even more noticeable now that I listened with headphones last night. Slightly off- center, too.

Back