What's Spinning

Another one I would love to see a vinyl re-issue of. I've almost dropped the $200+ it'd cost me for an original, but the tape is arguably harder to find anyway.

This tape is the reason that KLC The Drum Major was brought in as No Limit Records in house producer. He only had one track on the album (which happens to be my least favorite) but Master P heard that track and had to have him on the team. KLC went on to produce probably 50+ albums for No Limit.

EXD - No Elevation
IMG_5182 - Copy.jpg

Here's my favorite track,

And here is KLC's track which Master P liked so much,

Eric Dolphy - Other Aspects (Blue Note, BT-85131, 1987)

7D5C4D87-1F74-4C3C-A3C9-10177580BEDE.jpeg

This was an interesting find today largely because I had no idea it existed. It’s made up of previously unreleased tracks Dolphy made between ‘60 and ‘62. This was released in the ‘80s so it’s DMM but I have to say, I’m really quite impressed by how it sounds which is rather good news because I see a lot of the Blue Note DMM stuff floating around for peanuts.

50-EBF0-AA-C516-4019-B27-C-DD57-DEF0-EC90.jpg

C2-F595-FF-1-C4-E-4210-A3-BB-E1061942163-D.jpg
I love the Now Spinning stand! Did you make that yourself?

I spun this again last night, a lot of the noise I had on first spin was gone. I didn’t clean it a second time, probably should though, because the noise wasn’t static, it was more like a MoFi that needs to be broken in.

I can't say I noticed a lot of noise on my copy, although it was more background music for while I worked so may have been there.

Back