What's Spinning

Ahh, wonderful, waiting for it myself!
It’s really nice. As much as I love Tweedy/Wilco, I hadn’t really connected with either of these records (Warm via streaming, Warmer via the RSD release) until I sat down today with the whole thing.

I also worked from home today specifically because this was being delivered today, I’m going out of town for the weekend and I didn’t want it sitting on my porch in 90 degree heat for two days. No, you have a problem.

I'll have to upgrade to those Klipsch speakers (or something equivalent) if I decide opting for active speakers in a minimalist setup moving forward. How are they working for you, @gaporter?
Personally, I think for the price, they sound pretty incredible. From a sonic aspect, I've never had too many complaints. As someone who has had to listen to records on a budget for a while, they've done good for me. (Although I'm sure some people on these forums cringe every time I post a picture of an LP-60 lol).

I will say that, after a year or so of using them, I've only recently encountered my first major issue. The battery in the remote appears to be dying and that definitely lessens the convenience of them. But that's not so much a comment of the quality of the speakers themselves and more me not really being able to get a replacement remote right now.

Personally, I think for the price, they sound pretty incredible. From a sonic aspect, I've never had too many complaints. As someone who has had to listen to records on a budget for a while, they've done good for me. (Although I'm sure some people on these forums cringe every time I post a picture of an LP-60 lol).

I will say that, after a year or so of using them, I've only recently encountered my first major issue. The battery in the remote appears to be dying and that definitely lessens the convenience of them. But that's not so much a comment of the quality of the speakers themselves and more me not really being able to get a replacement remote right now.

OK, thank you for the feedback! I've added these to my list for potential upgrades.

To be fair, I am aware of the internal phono stage of my LP-120 colors the high frequencies unfavorably. I'm also eventually looking for a turntable upgrade but I've only been into vinyl for a year and change, so it isn't too huge of priority. I have a feeling that moving to something in a similar price range (Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Fluance RT series, U-Turn, etc.) won't make too much a difference. More to look into. Thanks again!

Back