What's Spinning

Splinters - Inclusivity (Jazz In Britain, 2021)

I have just spent the past 2+ hours listening to the album preview before its release on Saturday. JIB have posted this a few times on their social media so I don't think I'm giving anything away that hasn't already been shared. It's just a killer killer killer set of recordings and I imagine it's going to be a monster of a physical set. There was a side note on the preview link that highlighted the high shipping cost due to weight, so I imagine it will be several LP's plus a book/booklet of photos and essays.

The line up includes Jeff Clyne, Tubby Hayes, Phil Seamen, John Stevens, Stan Tracey, Trevor Watts and Kenny Wheeler!

a3380357422_16.jpeg

Splinters - Inclusivity (Jazz In Britain, 2021)

I have just spent the past 2+ hours listening to the album preview before its release on Saturday. JIB have posted this a few times on their social media so I don't think I'm giving anything away that hasn't already been shared. It's just a killer killer killer set of recordings and I imagine it's going to be a monster of a physical set. There was a side note on the preview link that highlighted the high shipping cost due to weight, so I imagine it will be several LP's plus a book/booklet of photos and essays.

The line up includes Jeff Clyne, Tubby Hayes, Phil Seamen, John Stevens, Stan Tracey, Trevor Watts and Kenny Wheeler!

View attachment 105012
hmmm, would like to hear more about this one (love Tubby!), is there a preview available online ?

hmmm, would like to hear more about this one (love Tubby!), is there a preview available online ?
I believe the only public preview is this track they posted on youtube. Its a good one for sure but basically centres around drum solos, whereas the other tracks are a lot more diverse. Tubby is great on the album and definitely plays freer than anything else I have heard him play.

The Collection Playthrough

037 - Linda Tillery - Linda Tillery

038 - Tracy Chapman - Tracy Chapman

039 - Wolf Alice - Visions of a Life

040 - Adele - 25

The Linda/Tracy/Adele were all monthly challenge spins. The Wolf Alice was a newer grab but has two of the Wolf Alice songs I dig the most. I know a lot of people loved their new release so maybe it'll grow on me, but for now this works. The amount of deadwax for a 2LP is silly too
PXL_20210708_170429182.MP.jpg

Back