What's Spinning

Wes Montgomery - Wes’s Best: The Best Of Wes Montgomery On Resonance (Resonance Records, 2019 Pressing)

Well, after discovering that Resonance sent 2 duplicates of the first record in my copy of Bill Evans - Evans In Europe (the one I was really excited for), I decided to find some comfort in this one, and it sounds fantastic. Hopefully Resonance will be able to replace it, but its been OOS for so long I highly doubt they will be able to.

IMG_8527.JPG

Next up in the MacStack™
Pixies - Surfer Rosa
View attachment 52792

(MacStack sounds like a really intimidating item on the McDonald's menu)

When I was in Egypt like 10 years ago, I got something at McDonald’s that was basically a Big Mac but with Filet o Fish patties. I’m pretty sure that was the MacStack 😂

I suppose you could say they’ve de-muddied it, I can hear a lot more of the mix than before, I’d still like a big bit of the grunt back.

Waiting to clean mine before playing ..listened to the remastered cd which has a terrible mix, no subtlety, just a mush ...even those great b sides can’t rescue it at £45

Waiting to clean mine before playing ..listened to the remastered cd which has a terrible mix, no subtlety, just a mush ...even those great b sides can’t rescue it at £45

Yeah this vinyl copy is kinda the opposite. It’s absolutely not a mush, it’s almost too refined. I know they were almost embarrassed with how much they “rocked out” at the time, it feels like an attempt to refine it, but they’ve gone too far. I’m happy to have a copy on vinyl and don’t mind that much because it’s far from my favourite of theirs, but I’d be getting an OG if I had the money!

Yeah this vinyl copy is kinda the opposite. It’s absolutely not a mush, it’s almost too refined. I know they were almost embarrassed with how much they “rocked out” at the time, it feels like an attempt to refine it, but they’ve gone too far. I’m happy to have a copy on vinyl and don’t mind that much because it’s far from my favourite of theirs, but I’d be getting an OG if I had the money!

At least it’s signed!

And now only missing lifeblood to complete the studio albums on vinyl ...

Have enjoyed relistening to Know Your Enemy ...that vinyl copy is a really nice listen

First time listening to records in my new dedicated music&video room. I had to move my equipment from the living room because my 6 month old daughter starts to move around on herself more and more. So I cleaned out a room, got myself some swedish furniture, and moved my equipment and record collection. But the room is not finished yet, still missing a few things.

canned_heat_3.jpg

Canned Heat - Boogie with Canned Heat
Pure Pleasure Records

canned_heat_1.jpg

Back