What's Spinning

The Black Keys • Turn Blue

Most people are passionate about old BK's and newer stuff. Im of the opinion they are different but that that's not necessarily a bad thing. Do we want 10 Attack and Release albums?

Ok maybe you do. Anyway, even the Beatles changed and they only created music for 10 years.

Point is I'm grooving to this right now.

View attachment 43207
I do love early Keys, but Weight of Love is still my favorite thing they've ever done.

The Black Keys • Turn Blue

Most people are passionate about old BK's and newer stuff. Im of the opinion they are different but that that's not necessarily a bad thing. Do we want 10 Attack and Release albums?

Ok maybe you do. Anyway, even the Beatles changed and they only created music for 10 years.

Point is I'm grooving to this right now.

View attachment 43207

I listened to this tonight for the first time in a while, so good! Definitely will be getting more spins tomorrow.

So my dad died today. My wife's father, a doctor in NY, is in the ICU. She's with them in Ny and I'll do the things here for home schooling, my job, our kids. Fucking virus.

My dad loved jazz. He gave me a copy of Time Out when I turned 16. We didn't have a lot at that time, but he was good man that knew his son.

There is no mourning, because for the next 30 days or so, I just need to "dad" and help my wife be with her family (quarantine and all) and keep the kids sane and removed from quite this level of reality.

But I thank you all. For a virtual record shop, a bunch a people listening to the album's in the basements of their youth and still connected to all the art and music that might yet come and the joy of creation still. I can't play Time Out, but he might have liked this -- or maybe thought it was too modern :)

I'm thankful for you all. For each small kindness or sense of welcome you've shown to me or others please know it counts.

All the love and white lightView attachment 43023 to you and yours. EST, live in Gothenburg.

So sorry for your loss. Sending good vibes to you and your family.

Rage Against The Machine [134/357]
View attachment 43006

Needs no introduction.

Before I listened to this album I saw that cover photo of Thich Quan Duc(spelling?) Self immolating. Such a powerful photograph, one of my favorites. That's what got me listening to RATM.

Orquesta Akokan [135/347]
IMG_20200425_174310.jpg

Back