What's Spinning

Queen - A Day At The Races (EMI, 1976 First UK Pressing)

Another oddity here. The one playing is the first UK pressing, but I also picked up another copy at a carboot sale years ago (minus the gatefold). The seller said it used to be his copy until his daughter took it and decorated it. The story goes that one day she asked him if she could go skiing with her school friend and her family. He said it was fine but he wanted to meet the family first to offer some money. A few days later he met the family and it turns out Brian May was the friend's dad (he was apparently a super nice guy and made sure he was completely comfortable with everything etc). I didn't question him but the story stacks up, it was in the same area where Brian lives (in fact, my girlfriend's parents live down the road from where Roger Taylor now lives). Anyway, theres a nice little story behind the album :ROFLMAO:

IMG_5162.JPG
IMG_5164.JPG
IMG_5163.JPG

My collection #196

Banda Central de San Pelayo

I don't know much about this except a. its typically Colombian/Discos Fuentes 🔥 and b. I appear to be the only person on Discogs to own it (although I didn't pay anywhere near the price listed as the only sale so who knows?)

20200327_163524.jpg

Herbie Hancock - The Prisoner

EUIo6f3XQAI7Cnr.jpg

Back