What's Spinning

Jamie XX - In Colour [64/250]

View attachment 32857

Crap press with unavoidable surface noise, but a vast array of electronic sounds! Deep bass, too.

Yeah, that's one of the most shameful pressings in my collection. Would love a quality pressing of that one - phenomenal album though (and my intro to Young Thug!)

Otoboke Beaver - Itekoma Hits (いておまヒッツ) [65/250]
Orange & Black Splatter vinyl

15817088694866666089514983654315.jpg

My #7 from last year. It's like being beat up in all directions by cute Japanese girls; so much frenetic energy from track to track! Leaves me out of breath even after its < 30 min runtime.

Jamie XX - In Colour [64/250]

View attachment 32857

Crap press with unavoidable surface noise, but a vast array of electronic sounds! Deep bass, too.
Yeah, that's one of the most shameful pressings in my collection. Would love a quality pressing of that one - phenomenal album though (and my intro to Young Thug!)

If you can find a copy of the 3xLP 45 RPM version of this album, it is absolutely worth it. Two tracks per side (it has a couple extra tracks to round out the six sides), and it's cut like a 12" club single would be. Big, full sound that totally does these songs justice.

If you can find a copy of the 3xLP 45 RPM version of this album, it is absolutely worth it. Two tracks per side (it has a couple extra tracks to round out the six sides), and it's cut like a 12" club single would be. Big, full sound that totally does these songs justice.

Nice, I will definitely try to track that version down - for some reason I thought this pressing had issues, too (I guess maybe when I checked in 2015-2016 there were a couple negative Discogs comments there)

Just added to wishlist! It's cool to see the primary colors for each LP; very tasteful.

Back