What's Spinning

Dexter Gordon ‎– Go! (Blue Note, 1985 French Cadre Rouge Audiophile Edition)

I have a chunky section in my shelf of records I want to upgrade and this is definitely one of them. Its a DMM pressing and while its actually a decent sounding record (I don't generally have as much of a hate for the DMM's than other people seem to have), there's just a flatness there that I know would be lifted with a proper pressing. The record itself is also pretty damn warped :rolleyes:

IMG_2706.JPG

Townes Van Zandt - Our Mother The Mountain (Fat Possum, 2019 VMP Exclusive Pressing on 'Fuego' Vinyl)

Ok so VMP have actually smashed this one out of the park. The jacket is fantastic (matte with obi-strip and thick card) and the record is stunning! About to spin it now and if it sounds as good as it looks we are onto a winner. One of my favourite TVZ records so looking forward to this!

IMG_2710.JPG
IMG_2709.JPG

FKA Twigs - Magdalene

3JIjwxL.jpg

(thanks to @tvham)

A Blissful Walkthrough of My Chaotic Collection
#11 All India Radio ~ Echo Other

IMG_20200127_145232.jpg

This is probably one of my favorite qrates project to support, maybe tied with Gaijin, but this album was one of the first introductions to lo-fi while we were on spring break taking a road trip from Lubbock -> California -> Back and while we were driving on the 1 my friend put this on and I've been a fan of All India Radio ever since.

Last edited:
A Blissful Walkthrough of My Chaotic Collection
#12 Alpine Decline ~ Visualizations

IMG_20200127_160337.jpg

This duo moved from L.A. to Beijing in 2010 and while I was living over in China in 2012 I became familiar with them after hearing about their live shows in Beijing. Fans of shoegaze, psychedelic, noise rock would find something to enjoy in their tunes. You can find them currently putting out tunes for the Maybe Mars Record label.

Last edited:
The white album?

Well you’d think so, but no. I half thought this might make a fun quiz thread idea, adding a few pics or clues to help.

Although there is enough info available already to work out the answer, 🤔if anyone actually gave a shit :)

Back