What's Spinning

d4bb3e28-28e0-43ee-85d3-87fa89c81a16.jpg

REO Speedwagon - Life As We Know It (1987)

I love collecting weird imports. This here is a super clean OG Venezuelan press. Sounds surprisingly great! Jacket is slightly nicer than I'm used to with 80s South American LPs. Got it for only $7! Spanish track titles, with English translations.

7298B641-6486-4CFA-BB45-80E8D3F3E2F3.jpeg

Nice late career rocker from The Who. A couple of worthy versions of this release. This is the Indie version with extra “hits” lp. Also still available the imported (for US) band version on 45rpm colored vinyl with extra live 10”.

Shabaka And The Ancestors - Wisdom Of Elders (Brownswood Records, 2016 First Pressing)

I love this kind of one off projects. This one was recorded in Johannesburg whilst saxophonist Shabaka Hutchings was on a visit to the country. He worked with 6 south African musicians to give the album its unique flair. Great stuff!

IMG_1909.PNG

Skip Skip Ben Ben - Mirror In Mirror
2015 - Maybe Mars - Pirates Press/GZ

View attachment 29072

Thank you so much for this awesome PIF and PIF journey @blissfullychaotic!
I wasn't sure how it would turn out but glad you decided to embark and found some solid tunes to enjoy! Hope you enjoy this album as much as I do!

Shabaka And The Ancestors - Wisdom Of Elders (Brownswood Records, 2016 First Pressing)

I love this kind of one off projects. This one was recorded in Johannesburg whilst saxophonist Shabaka Hutchings was on a visit to the country. He worked with 6 south African musicians to give the album its unique flair. Great stuff!

View attachment 29069

Not one off, think they are recording again soon.

Midnight in Tokyo Vol.2 (Studio Mule, 2018 compilation).

Just past midnight here in the UK, so lets jump to the other side of the world with this superb compilation from Japanese label, Studio Mule. This album focuses on the electric jazz fusion of 80's Japan. Cool stuff.

IMG_1920.JPG

Back