What's Spinning

Grateful Dead - American Beauty

This is the new Rhino KG cut. I have the Mofi 45, the Japanese Mofi 33, the 50th, and the VMP anthology on order. I did not need another copy, but this one does sound really freaking good. It's got to be the best 33 of it. Not only is it more convenient than the 45, to me it has a little more synergy in the sound than the more technical detail that comes out in the mofi. Can't go wrong with either, but this will likely be my go to copy now. Kind of makes me want a backup... But that would be too much... Right? Also I can agree with those who said this sounds a little more Jerry forward. Not on every track, but noticeably so on a couple.

IMG20240328105809.jpg

Grateful Dead - American Beauty

This is the new Rhino KG cut. I have the Mofi 45, the Japanese Mofi 33, the 50th, and the VMP anthology on order. I did not need another copy, but this one does sound really freaking good. It's got to be the best 33 of it. Not only is it more convenient than the 45, to me it has a little more synergy in the sound than the more technical detail that comes out in the mofi. Can't go wrong with either, but this will likely be my go to copy now. Kind of makes me want a backup... But that would be too much... Right? Also I can agree with those who said this sounds a little more Jerry forward. Not on every track, but noticeably so on a couple.

View attachment 198911
Why you doin’ this to me bro?

Back