What's Spinning

My understanding (from researching this bad boy) is they are going to phase everything into this style. This does not have the finish of the casing like the more costly components and no side lights for the flare. I’m very happy with those being places of compromise. I’ve never owned a cd player that is anything like this. It feels substantial and is super quiet (every cd player I’ve ever experienced made at least a slight noise while spinning)

Yes every new piece they’ve launched since that has used this style and it’s a big improvement because the old styling was just ok. And yes the side light is totally superfluous, I wouldn’t get hung up on that at all.

And yes, that’s exactly how I felt when I got the Jay’s Audio unit, it’s substance and sound was definitely not something I expected from CDs and CD player.

This isn’t on vinyl or streaming:
View attachment 196018
Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Soup

The estate has disavowed it so it will not be part of their reissues. I know fans aren’t particularly fond because of the overdubbing and stuff done, but I’ve always liked it. But then, I’m a big dumb mark for Hendrix stuff.
Do you have the Beautiful People disc? I believe it was the first to be approved by the Hendrix estate to use his music mixed in other folks’ tunes. I like it.

Back