What's Spinning

mine should be here soon. I included a hat and beer koozie so I could hit $75 exactly and get $5 shipping (It made sense at the time).
I needed hoist also. I think there was a sale on two koozies to do the same. I was a little afraid after seeing people getting the wrong Phish record or even a studio DMB album

Got my MoFi Van Halen so figured I’d do a little shootout with my 2015 reissue.

The MoFi sounds great. Super quiet, seems to have a boost in the mid bass which has cleaned up the papery drum sounds on I’m the One and others. Sound overall is more full.. meaty. To me it’s exactly what it needed.

At the same time, the 2015 reissue sounded a little more edgy and raw. Some may prefer that.

IMG_6182.jpegIMG_6185.jpeg

View attachment 190383

Been really enjoying this listen all week. Cueing up LP5 tonight. Book is great reading the vignettes as each song plays. Hoping Burning Shed follows thru with promised sending of replacements for all the shipping damage. :-(.
I've spun through the set twice and am really happy I grabbed it. I know a lot of folks don't like vinyl comps, but I love listening to the historical genre snapshots some of these kind of sets provide.

Last edited:
What is the little visualizer that you have under your record sleeve? I'm a sucker for superfluous things that light up and add visual flair.
It’s from Petru Design: PETRU

I ordered one on Etsy when he was still getting the project off the ground, but he’s bumped the price about $30 since then and made some design improvements. It’s superfluous but I really like it!

TechMoan has a nice video on it:

Back