What's Spinning

70893F66-3392-4B1A-946B-1C5AA9E88C6B.jpeg

Just finished LP1 and dropping stylus onto 2nd LP of this deep dive into ‘70s strangeness. 7 LPs, 2-45s, and nice booklet. Never heard any of this on vinyl b4. Worth the wait for this one to arrive from overseas limbo. Arrived in mint shape. Music may not b for everyone. Pressing/mastering sounds good so far.

Our Lady Peace - Spiritual Machines II

One of my all time favorite bands, but I've been disappointed with their last couple. Was very excited for this one and love the first single (which sounds very much like Modest Mouse, imo) but my first stream of the whole album did not satisfy. So I decided to wait to listen again until this arrived, which it did last night. Through side A and I'm enjoying it far more this time. It's a real evolution of their sound, but sonically it's good.

IMG_20220426_081018.jpg

Tubby Hayes - Tubbs In N.Y. (Fontana, 1962 First Mono Pressing) & (Fontana, 2019 Gearbox Records Pressing)

I always seem to double up my listening with Tubby's Fontana releases on account of having the OG's and box set pressings. I hadn't originally planned to get the box but it was really cheap a few years back and I have since got more OG's. Regardless, im always impressed by how stellar the Gearbox pressings are.

IMG_8357.JPG

Elton John with Ray Cooper
Live From Moscow 1979

A PIF from @JohnnyCashFan and @scotthilk that I’m truly thankful to have. It was recorded (very well) by the BBC for broadcast.

I was fortunate enough to see him (3rd row) in the late ‘90s. When I tell people it remains one of my top 3 concerts and it was just him and a white grand piano, they don’t get it. That’s right-no backing band and he tore the place down. Amazing.

This album is the closest I’ve ever heard to that magical night. Thank you again guys!

1A1244DF-A9A3-4C2F-B31B-46DDA3070DBC.jpeg

Back