What's Spinning

Playing through your collection every once in a while is very telling, I recommend everyone do it occasionally. Glad to see a few doing so :)
I think I’m going to give it a go, too. I never wanted to do it because I couldn’t stand the thought of playing the same artist in a row several times - not sure how I didn’t realize it was a possibility to play by album title 😂. The only thing holding me back now is knowing it will almost certainly be a 3 year affair at least.

I think I’m going to give it a go, too. I never wanted to do it because I couldn’t stand the thought of playing the same artist in a row several times - not sure how I didn’t realize it was a possibility to play by album title 😂. The only thing holding me back now is knowing it will almost certainly be a 3 year affair at least.

I think my problem has always been that my crazy mind will not be dictated to. Whatever way I do things like this, and however good the intentions, I get about 20 in and my brain rebels and just plays what it fancies…

It's not an overnight venture for sure, I think it took me almost 2 years because I was spinning new additions as I got them as well. But, I did purge a bunch of albums and found a few that needed to be upgraded, so, all in all, it made my collection "better" ;)

I think my problem has always been that my crazy mind will not be dictated to. Whatever way I do things like this, and however good the intentions, I get about 20 in and my brain rebels and just plays what it fancies…
I will very much go into it with the understanding that this is a distinct possibility 😂

Collection playthrough #12

Idlewild - 100 Broken Windows

three absolute faves in a row. coincidence or maybe I just really love my whole collection.

View attachment 124164

Man do I need this album on vinyl so bad. I have the MOV of this and Hope Is Important on back order but even it has gone rare! One of my absolute favourites of that era

Man do I need this album on vinyl so bad. I have the MOV of this and Hope Is Important on back order but even it has gone rare! One of my absolute favourites of that era

I remember getting my copy in 2009 on a trip to San Francisco. I was just starting to get into vinyl and I was so psyched to find a copy of this. I have the MOV hope is important and it’s not a great sounding record. Happy to have it though.

I remember getting my copy in 2009 on a trip to San Francisco. I was just starting to get into vinyl and I was so psyched to find a copy of this. I have the MOV hope is important and it’s not a great sounding record. Happy to have it though.

I bet! I remember picking this up on CD based on a Melody Maker review on day of release! That’s a pain that the MOVs aren’t great, if it doesn’t come through I’ll hunt in the expensive OG waters for them all…

Back