What's Spinning

I love this. I still can't decide if I should get the mono. I ordered the mono from VMP but they sent the stereo, so got it gratis.

View attachment 115059

I love the mono. But I’m tempted to pick up the stereo if the stereo 33 is ever repressed, just because it’s such a magical album, why not?

Notice your wee dram in the background. What’s your poison tonight?

I love the mono. But I’m tempted to pick up the stereo if the stereo 33 is ever repressed, just because it’s such a magical album, why not?

Notice your wee dram in the background. What’s your poison tonight?

the whisky is a nightcap really, so I don't open another bottle of wine. But it tastes so good....

Bowmore 12 year this week

Screenshot 2021-10-16 at 23.40.58.png

The Jeff Clyne / Ian Carr Quartet - Springboard (Polydor, 1969 First Pressing)

I love this album so much. One minute it is incredibly atmospheric and laid back and the next it's a full force of energy. Free, but not too free that it requires a lot of focus to listen to. I really like the witty liner notes as well, written by John Steven's 6-year old son. I'm actually just about finished reading trumpeter Ian Carr's biography and it was around this time that the scene began to experiment with different types of jazz. Carr dabbled in free-jazz (such as on this album) but found it to be too limiting so he began to explore jazz-rock, which led him to create Nucleus.

IMG_9278.JPGIMG_9281.JPG

Nice! I started later on this evening so I’m only 2/3 of the way through the red! It’ll be the Teelings Single cask for me if I need a nightcap!

I've not had Teelings, just googling it .... looks very nice. Of the Irish whisky I've only really tried Bushmills tbh.

I've not had Teelings, just googling it .... looks very nice. Of the Irish whisky I've only really tried Bushmills tbh.

I’m not the hugest fan of Bushmills if I’m honest. Brilliant distillery tour but not much of theirs is to my taste plus it’s, to quote a local priest I was talking to in a pub once. “a Protestant Whiskey” 😂😂😂

There are lots of nice Irish whiskeys, they’re not as complex as a good scotch but because of the triple distillation they’re smoother so they’re more forgiving in the lower price range. Teelings are a smaller, but kinda big end of craft if that makes sense, distiller in Dublin. They do so really nice whiskeys. The single batch is very good and they so a stout cask which has a really nice after taste. In my affordability range it’s hard to find anything that beats a Lagavulin though tbf!

I’m not the hugest fan of Bushmills if I’m honest. Brilliant distillery tour but not much of theirs is to my taste plus it’s, to quote a local priest I was talking to in a pub once. “a Protestant Whiskey” 😂😂😂

There are lots of nice Irish whiskeys, they’re not as complex as a good scotch but because of the triple distillation they’re smoother so they’re more forgiving in the lower price range. Teelings are a smaller, but kinda big end of craft if that makes sense, distiller in Dublin. They do so really nice whiskeys. The single batch is very good and they so a stout cask which has a really nice after taste. In my affordability range it’s hard to find anything that beats a Lagavulin though tbf!

I definitely need to explore the Irish whisky's more. The one whisky that its always too expensive but I'll always go back to, is the Dalmore.

on a side note not liking the autocorrect putting an e in the whisky 😂

There is an e in it over here but not in Scotland. We could always just stick with Irish from which is derived, uisce beatha, which brilliantly translates to “the water of life!”

Back