What's Spinning

#1837-1838

Led Zeppelin - Presence
Anibal Velasquez - Mambo Loco

This Japanese pressing of Presence was only $8 (including Obi!) from a Discogs seller and plays way better than the VG advertised (I'd say EX at least). Such a great and underrated album. And some Colombian fire courtesy of accordionist supremo Anibal Velasquez.

20210915_130041.jpg

20210913_141114.jpg

He doesn't get a lot of credit because many folks identify him with nothing but the theatrics, but the early Alice Cooper records are really creative and ambitious musically.

A couple examples from this record...

Alice Cooper - School's Out

View attachment 112260

I need to grab this one. Recently got Welcome To My Nightmare which I really enjoy too. I heard "Only Women Bleed" and had NO idea it was Alice Cooper.

This the recent repress? How does it sound?
Yeah, I am happy with it. Very little static. Nice range. I had to turn it down a bit when things got a bit bombastic. Came in a nice tip-on jacket. Worth every penny of the $21 it was listed for. I might try to pick up In Place of Real Insight at my local this weekend.

Yeah, I am happy with it. Very little static. Nice range. I had to turn it down a bit when things got a bit bombastic. Came in a nice tip-on jacket. Worth every penny of the $21 it was listed for. I might try to pick up In Place of Real Insight at my local this weekend.
Good, but not good news. Trying to convince myself I don’t need these. Listened to the first album last week and forgot how much I liked it.

Back