What's Spinning

Was spinning Dorothy Ashby “Hip Harp” today but could not get to the second side…

72204961-9544-4524-8825-F8E5B91DE36E.jpeg

The pressing was horrible with noise that sounded like scratches on brand new vinyl. Could not see scratches on the colored vinyl. The dead wax sounded like sandpaper. Love the music, hate the pressing. Was published by Sowing Records; may be the last time I buy a release from them. Very disappointed! :(

Was spinning Dorothy Ashby “Hip Harp” today but could not get to the second side…

View attachment 107979

The pressing was horrible with noise that sounded like scratches on brand new vinyl. Could not see scratches on the colored vinyl. The dead wax sounded like sandpaper. Love the music, hate the pressing. Was published by Sowing Records; may be the last time I buy a release from them. Very disappointed! :(
Yah, I bought a copy of Ruybaiyat (non VMP) a few months back and it was so warped back it went even though I hate to do that to my local. My guess is those were cheap pressing shipped over in a container. Better off with digital on these Ashby albums until you run across a good vintage copy (expensive usually) or they get reissued.

Last edited:
Back