What's Spinning

Been looking forward to your thoughts on this one. Sure do miss Hargrove.
I'm definitely coming at this in reverse. I have heard very little of his music but after hearing this I have set up a few to listen to tomorrow.

The album is absolutely fantastic, really clean playing and they blend their instruments perfectly. It wasn't until the audience started clapping at the end of the first track that I remembered it was a live session. Really great recording quality. There is a slightly strange distortion to the trumpet on the C side which is honestly barely noticeable. Zev Feldman actually gave the reason for it recently and I THINK im right in saying it was actually a build-up within the trumpet or something. Certainly doesn't take away from the session though.

I haven't properly dug into the booklet yet but it's FULL of testimonials and stories from the finest jazz musicians on the scene. I actually think it makes a good tribute release in a way as its a fantastic showcase of both musicians playing.

A day dedicated to my most admired artist goes out to @btf1980 who always inspires my listening with his whats spinning posts.

View attachment 107222

View attachment 107223

I believe John Coltrane rearranges melucular structure and DNA - Carlos Santana

View attachment 107257

A vinyl boxset of this would be nice. There's a 4 CD boxset, but it's just not the same.

Roy Hargrove and Mulgrew Miller - In Harmony

E7_LQzwWUAUNzxa.jpg

Back