What's Spinning

1625847212736.png

Spinning this for my daughter, who turns four on Sunday.
Four years ago, two nights before our daughter was born, my wife and I had family over. With our daughter being 10 days overdue at that point, it felt like she could come at any second. We knew we were going to the doctor's the next day and, one way or another, we would not be going home again until we were going home with a baby. It was the last time we would be having dinner altogether before our baby came.
This is the last album I played in full that night during that gathering, and I will never listen to it again without remembering what all that anticipation and excitement felt like.

View attachment 105106

Four years ago, two nights before our daughter was born, my wife and I had family over. With our daughter being 10 days overdue at that point, it felt like she could come at any second. We knew we were going to the doctor's the next day and, one way or another, we would not be going home again until we were going home with a baby. It was the last time we would be having dinner altogether before our baby came.
This is the last album I played in full that night during that gathering, and I will never listen to it again without remembering what all that anticipation and excitement felt like.
Its incredible how we associate memories with music. Such a fantastic link to have with the album. Happy advance birthday to your daughter, hope she has a great day!

View attachment 105106

That's a beautiful association for sure. Thanks for sharing it with us, and happy early birthday to her!
My kiddo turns four on the 28th. I don't recall the last album I listened to before his arrival, but I remember the album that was playing as he was born and the first one he and I listened to very vividly - both by friends of mine and neither of which are on vinyl, sadly. But I do have a CD of the first album we listened to and now, nearly four years later, it's the most requested CD when we're in the car together!

Spent a couple hours perusing Darkside Records in Poughkeepsie this morning with my son on the way to his orientation at Marist, which is only 10 minutes away. Love the store, the staff is super friendly and helpful. Look forward to many more trips over the next 4 years! My credit card needs some time to cool off. The first couple listens were a new one to me and an old favorite.

My son recommended this one and it’s awesome. New to me.

The Drums
Portamento
997D48B4-4321-4B9F-B553-54DA1C564696.jpeg

Steely Dan
Silk Degrees
339B5480-A6EE-4312-AC88-9644DB59A176.jpeg

Back