What's Spinning

#1675-1677

Orchestre Baobab - Mohammadou Bamba
Element of Crime - Romantik

My favourite from Senegal - haunting vocals, sinuous guitar lines, beautiful songs, affordable reissue (and I played an original - no real difference). Plus, all those who checked out and enjoyed @Jan 's excellent Dota AOTM, Element of Crime could be another slightly melancholic German chanson group worth checking out. (Their next, Mittelpunkt der Welt, is my favourite).

20210618_134718.jpg

20210619_163652.jpg

#1675-1677

Orchestre Baobab - Mohammadou Bamba
Element of Crime - Romantik

My favourite from Senegal - haunting vocals, sinuous guitar lines, beautiful songs, affordable reissue (and I played an original - no real difference). Plus, all those who checked out and enjoyed @Jan 's excellent Dota AOTM, Element of Crime could be another slightly melancholic German chanson group worth checking out. (Their next, Mittelpunkt der Welt, is my favourite).

View attachment 103341

View attachment 103342

Oh yes, i like Element of crime a lot. They started out as an English singing band but their German albums are much better. And i agree, Mittelpunkt der Welt & immer da wo du bist bin ich nicht are my favorites

Finally decided to start up my full listen through to both appreciate what I have and decide what I can bear to move on from.

001 - 003 - The xx (xx, Coexist, and I See You).

This is one of my favorite groups so none of these titles will be leaving, but I enjoyed Coexist more than I remembered I did and I really need to find a truly clean copy of their S/T. This is not a forgiving band for any surface noise

PXL_20210623_003641078.jpg

Back