What's Spinning

I'm spinning my own copy of this for the third time now and I think I love it even more every time. So pleased with this one!
Yeah, it’s really great. The only track I knew was Neveen from the first Jazzman Spiritual Jazz comp, but every track on there is fantastic, including the bonus disc

Yeah, it’s really great. The only track I knew was Neveen from the first Jazzman Spiritual Jazz comp, but every track on there is fantastic, including the bonus disc

My familiarity came mostly from his adjacency to Sun Ra and my love for what Strut's been doing with their Sun Ra reissues. I streamed like three songs when the RSD list came out and was convinced I'd enjoy it, but I wasn't quite ready for just how much!

PXL_20210615_023121494.jpg

Living Sacrifice - Living Sacrifice (1991, reissue 2021)

30 year anniversary press of Living Sacrifice's debut album (it's first ever vinyl press!) Living Sacrifice is one of the first and most important bands in Christian heavy metal. Known for starting as a thrash metal band before moving towards death, groove, and eventually even metalcore. Singer (or on this record, guitarist) Bruce Fitzhugh is also known for appearing on the track "Lies" from Evanescence's demo album, Origin.

Limited to 400 (later changed to 630?) copies on translucent red with black splatter vinyl. Early copies, like mine, came with a ton of extras, including replica concert fliers and a sticker.

Back