What's Spinning

bef3dccc-c358-4fe1-a840-49dfa2c50aad.jpg

Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? (2019)

Beautiful new baby blue press, FYE exclusive /1500. Didn't care much for the yellow press (which I PIFed today), so I bought this. Same (surprisingly) fantastic sound quality as other presses! The blue is very aesthetically pleasing, I must say.

935585bd-f785-4db1-ad13-e548455b610b.jpg

We Are The Fallen - Tear The World Down (2010)

Shortlived gothic metal supergroup former by 3 outcasted Evanescence members, an American Idol runner up, and a session bassist. This album is sorta a mixed bag, but definitely has some solid tracks. It's a true continuation of Evanescence's 2003 record Fallen, which We Are The Fallen founder and guitarist Ben Moody crafted prior to leaving/being forced to leave Evanescence in late 2003.

Takako Mamiya - Love Trip

It’s not uncommon in 80s Japanese pop (or as we all currently know it, city pop) for artists to release an album and disappear into obscurity, but I wish Takako Mamiya had more in her to give. If you’re familiar with city pop but haven’t delved into this one, it’s a smooth, straightfoward album that’s uncompromisingly mellow and groovy. Probably the closest Japan came to quiet storm during this period. Bought this last year but HMV.co.jp just released a new repressed batch!

Back