What's Spinning

Fontaines D.C. - Dogrel (Partisan, 2019 First Pressing)

The more I play this album the more I prefer it to their latest release, 'A Hero's Death'. I was introduced to the albums at a similar time, thanks to @Thackeraye for PIFing this one, so there was plenty of tracks to listen to.

View attachment 90030
Really good to hear you like it. It never clicked with me ( I always wish his vocals were further back in the mix) so I’m glad someone that likes it has is.

Cat Stevens ‎– Teaser And The Firecat (Island Records, 1971 First UK Pressing)

The amount of copies of Tea For The Tillerman that I have passed up at carboot sales throughout the years because I didn't think it would be my kind of music is insane. Wish I had got one now as I really enjoy this Teaser And The Firecat.

IMG_8799.JPG

#1346-1356

Orchestre Poly-Rythmo de Cotonou - Papillon Mon Amour / Aye Kpo Mawo / Serment du Citoyen Beninois / Gbetche Non De Ahoo / Adondjin Na Gnin
Amy Winehouse - Valerie
Fruko y sus Tesos - Catalina del Mar
Fela Kuti - Lady/Shakara
Margo Price - Twinkle Twinkle
Radiohead - Burn The Witch/Spectre
Les Volcans - Miwalo

A mixture of fresh grabs and my usual play-through yields my favourite 7" selection so far. Some classic Poly-Rythmo's (although Serment du Citoyen Beninois is horrible propaganda), fabulous Amy Winehouse, Fruko, and Fela and one of my favourite Radiohead songs (Spectre).

20210301_191434.jpg

Back