What's Spinning

Michael Kiwanuka- Love & Hate

2FD1DF15-2453-4EC4-A0FE-77DC7775F32A.jpeg
I’m a late adopter when it comes to Michael Kiwanuka- about 6 months ago I heard his Song Exploder episode and instantly fell for his voice. I had heard not so great things about this pressing but honestly my copy sounds pretty great - his voice is up front in the mix and it’s also dead quiet.

Amy Winehouse- Back to Black (deluxe edition)

739A1C85-D144-4360-9162-2AEBC16C8A67.jpegI know a lot of people are wondering if this half speed mastered deluxe edition is better than the universally panned regular edition that’s been out for years and my answer is yes? I mean, it doesn’t sound fantastic but it does sound better than the other version I have, plus the songs on the bonus disc are nice to have.

View attachment 88362I know a lot of people are wondering if this half speed mastered deluxe edition is better than the universally panned regular edition that’s been out for years and my answer is yes? I mean, it doesn’t sound fantastic but it does sound better than the other version I have, plus the songs on the bonus disc are nice to have.

Yeah, the standard was, from my recollection, pretty appalling and this is miles better but it’s no audiophile masterpiece. I’ll be honest and say that’s likely not possible from the recordings, I don’t think they’re stellar.

Yeah, the standard was, from my recollection, pretty appalling and this is miles better but it’s no audiophile masterpiece. I’ll be honest and say that’s likely not possible from the recordings, I don’t think they’re stellar.
My thoughts exactly. I’m pleased with this and it’s definitely an upgrade!

View attachment 88362I know a lot of people are wondering if this half speed mastered deluxe edition is better than the universally panned regular edition that’s been out for years and my answer is yes? I mean, it doesn’t sound fantastic but it does sound better than the other version I have, plus the songs on the bonus disc are nice to have.

Agreed.

Back