What's Spinning

Aaron Frazer - Introducing

I’d forgotten about this until I saw @Lee Newman spinning it the other day. Bought some ludicrously described colour off bandcamp (all my locals had sold out of the indie pink) so while I wait for it to come over from the states I’ll play the hi res download that’s a big part of why I love bandcamp so!

44C8481C-78BC-4FD2-B626-478A327A9E0D.png

Aaron Frazer - Introducing

I’d forgotten about this until I saw @Lee Newman spinning it the other day. Bought some ludicrously described colour off bandcamp (all my locals had sold out of the indie pink) so while I wait for it to come over from the states I’ll play the hi res download that’s a big part of why I love bandcamp so!

View attachment 83956
Was it the nebula? It’s so pretty.

Tubby Hayes And The All Stars - Return Visit! (Fontana, 1963 First Mono Pressing)

A fantastic album with a killer line-up. A few days before the session was recorded, Tubby performed at a small club in the village. Word got out at the arrival of this British musician and the small audience mainly consisted of musicians (including Miles Davis). It wasn't recorded but apparently, it was such a success that they all wanted to buy him a drink at the bar (Tubby had a pint and then called American lager 'Weak as piss!").

IMG_7242.JPG

Here’s a cool one:
Tommy McCook- Hot Lava (Third World pressing)
This is a repackaging of the Tommy McCook & The Agrovators album Super Star-Disco Rockers. Such a great dub album. Produced by Bunny Lee, engineered by King Tubby and Prince Jammy. Also features McCook on flute on Lamb’s Bread Herb.

Do we not have a reggae and adjacent genres thread on here? We should! I’ve been really getting into old Studio One/Treasure Isle stuff and have questions on the best way to get stuff on vinyl.

4BB5E008-4A5F-4B19-8CD1-1B21D7F44874.jpeg

Back