What's Spinning

The Rolling Stones - Their Satanic Majesties Request

Continuing with the play through. This is a bit a stinker really, far from their best.

View attachment 83007View attachment 83008

It’s a grower ...only took me 20 years to appreciate it fully ....

Lights off, lots of alcohol, bottle of cough medicine , incense burning , lava lamps ..then your set ...2000 light years from home .....

It’s a grower ...only took me 20 years to appreciate it fully ....

Lights off, lots of alcohol, bottle of cough medicine , incense burning , lava lamps ..then your set ...2000 light years from home .....

Or just pull out the 5 that come after that constitute one of the greatest runs in rock n roll history instead? I’m not the biggest fan of psychedelic music when it’s done well and it really does not play to the stones strengths and it shows. She’s a Rainbow is a killer single though to be fair.

In a weird mood tonight, the albums I wanna listen to are all over the place lol. Starting with Car Seat Headrest - Twin Fantasy

20210108_172319.jpg

Edit: everytime I listen to this I wonder why I give this album a 9.5 instead of 10/10, but then I get to famous prophets and remember lol

Last edited:
Or just pull out the 5 that come after that constitute one of the greatest runs in rock n roll history instead? I’m not the biggest fan of psychedelic music when it’s done well and it really does not play to the stones strengths and it shows. She’s a Rainbow is a killer single though to be fair.

It’s the Brian Jones show.. I think I like it because it’s totally unStones like ...some growers on there .....it’s a great one to play after Sgt Peppers and Piper at the gates ..the dark side of psychedelics...almost pre Manson

Still hard to argue with any Stones album 68-73

Back