What's Spinning

Stars - Set Yourself on Fire

Facebook reminded me today that it was one year ago when I hung out with Stars backstage after their Santa Cruz gig so I thought it appropriate that this was my first spin from my June shipment. It's so pretty, fingers crossed it sounds as good as the opening track throughout the record.

Edit - and of course I have the loud popping at the end of Soft Revolution all the way through Calendar Girl. WTF VMP.

Last edited:
Outkast - Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik (VMP 2019 Reissue)

Love this album and it sounds really really good. What's even more shocking is that the records (well the first one I am just about through anyway) are flat as pancakes, definitely one of the flattest I have had from VMP. The colour is a nice touch - I'm not usually a fan of the VMP coloured records, I tend to find them garish/overpowering. Decent package overall and im pretty damn happy with it.

View attachment 7282

Spinning this now 🔥

Remaster sounds great, bass is full (even on my bookshelf speakers), lyrics are crisp - well balanced record all around.

A fresh grab (sparked, I assume, by something I'd read here making me check this out for first time in years) and notwithstanding a crazily crumpled Amazon US box it's just about in perfect shape and sounding great on a Sunday morning...
View attachment 6855

Wonderful! Wilco on vinyl is amazing stuff.

Back