What's Spinning

1015E802-B844-467A-9724-64C3A3FFA133.jpeg

This must have been an impulse buy as I had to look it up after it arrived. Solid record. Sounds decent sonically. Pressing quiet. Good tunes. Call it Psychedelic Folk but it would fit other genres.

FWIW Shipped from UK to USA. Packed poorly in thin recycled cardboard. Bent cover. Still a worthwhile purchase.

Edit: you just know this won’t b good. :)
F8F1FDAE-BB7D-4FB3-B320-A43917A0EA62.jpeg

Last edited:
#Top Purchases Of 2020 - In alphabetical order

Being 2020 I didn't get out to many record stores and do much digging in the used bins - most of what I bought were new releases or reissues purchased online. It didn't help that my local store closed midway through the year.

This is mostly a list of releases that I'm glad I picked up over the year.

#1.

And Also The Trees ‎– And Also The Trees
Graveface Records ‎– GRAVE162, 1984/2020

An RSD20 release, this is the Graveface subscription variant, Green And Black Swirl w/ White Splatter

#68/200

Includes a 2nd LP with some singles tracks and the 1982 cassette-only demo "From Under The Hill"

Pressed at GZ/Pirates Press

MhmEKZ.jpg

tEWf3p.jpg

Ron Matthewson - Memorial (Jazz In Britain, 2020 Digital Album)

I mentioned over on the jazz thread that Jazz In Britain have set up a subscriber option for £24 a year. As well as high quality downloads of all their upcoming releases, early-bird access to their physical releases, and a subscriber only 'forum', it also included 3 of their biggest releases to date, including this Ron Matthewson memorial album. I subscribed to show some support for the small label but decided to actually make use of the benefits, so I have hooked my laptop up to some speakers and have been listening to this album this afternoon. Matthewson was a legendary british bassist but I have only really heard his playing as part of Tubby Hayes' group, so its great to have a compilation that covers his other projects as well.

a2590457865_16.jpg

Back