What's Spinning

Day 1 of Dec

Jacob Miller - Natty Christmas

I should get my 24th Christmas album in a week or two so I thought I'd play one a day in this thread (also a way of putting them in my play-through). This is one of my very favourites. It looks like it's going to be a novelty one with the cover but Jacob Miller is one of the greats of reggae and this is very cool. So cool that my kids for years used to correct anyone singing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" with "no, it's We Wish You An Irie Christmas".

20201201_205053.jpg

Miles Davis - Double Image // Rare Miles From The Complete Bitches Brew Sessions (Columbia, 2020 RSD Limited Pressing)

Really enjoyed this. I wasn't really sure what to expect as another Miles outtakes set I have (the Freedom Jazz Dance (The Bootleg Series Vol. 5)) is good but the vast majority is chatting between the musicians and short takes. Luckily these are much more together and complete.

IMG_5578.JPG

The Dick Morrissey Quartet - It's Morrissey, Man! (Fontana, 1961 First Mono Pressing)

This is a real British jazz gem and a proper rarity as well! I managed to get this at a crazy good price before realising just how sought after it is. It sounds stunning, with a real hard session which just keeps bumping the energy up with each track. Absolute killer!

IMG_5583.JPG

Back