What's Spinning

UM EXCUSE ME WHERE DID YOU GET THAT HOLE UNPLUGGED

It's not difficult to come across, believe it or not. If Parachute Recordings were trying to hide this, they did a bad job because I found it within 20 seconds on Google and purchased it 30 seconds after that.
Definitely the performances I love and remember, but I would dare say this is far from the definitive version it could be. Almost all of the in-between song banter is eliminated, and I question the source used for the recordings themselves. They sound good, but compressed. To be honest, it's worth owning if you hold no hope that it will ever get released officially, but otherwise your mp3's are probably fine.

That’s a great album, used to spin the CD quite a bit when it was originally released, haven’t listened for years, but I really loved the songs..

This is honestly one that I overlooked when it came out. I really dug this spin though. Kind of took me back to the sound of those early 2000's Montreal cafés I would go to. It has a sort of Sade x Thievery Corporation feel to it, in a good way. I'll be coming back to this when I'm in a downtempo groove mood.

Woody Shaw- In the Beginning

It’s kind of a rare set but i highly recommend it to Shaw fans and those that like the mid 60’s sound of modal jazz like the records Wayne Shorter, Joe Henderson and Herbie Hancock were putting out. I mean just look at the group he was leading: Joe Henderson, Larry Young (piano!), Ron Carter, and Joe Chambers on side one, Herbie Hancock replaces Larry Young and Paul Chambers takes over for Ron Carter on side two.

This was Woody Shaw’s first stab as a leader and was recorded as a demo disc to hopefully secure a recording contract (presumably for Blue Note) but unfortunately that didn’t pan out and he didn’t release an album as a leader until Blackstone Legacy on Contemporary, five years later (1970).

008E5AF7-3FB8-420F-B2FC-3FB5D2459A22.jpeg

#1130-1131

Kacey Musgraves - A Very Kacey Christmas
Fela Kuti - Upside Down

It's the first Sunday in Advent and we've just lit the first Advent candle and watched the lights being turned on on the huge local tree outside the church 🎄😍 A new Xmas album to celebrate as well as a yet another great Fela.

20201127_154609.jpg

20201129_142227.jpg

Back