What's Spinning

#1112-1113

Miles Davis - Milestones
EST - Live In London

One of my very favourite of the 50 Miles Davis releases I have, and a stunning gig from my favourite jazz band that makes me nostalgic for live gigs again. (Two tickets I found of particularly diverse gig line-ups while hunting through my files for something too).

20201124_140011.jpg

20201124_175725.jpg

20201120_230138.jpg

20201120_230209.jpg

How is this pressing? I'm thinking about picking it up in the Fat Possum sale.
I'm satisfied with mine, especially for the price (I believe I also got in a Fat Possum sale). It's obviously nothing like the VMP Classics Call Me, but I spin it fairly often and enjoy it. I'm pretty sure it's the only readily available reissue as well (with a couple color variants out there) - I'm sure a clean OG is better but I've never seen one in the wild.

I'm satisfied with mine, especially for the price (I believe I also got in a Fat Possum sale). It's obviously nothing like the VMP Classics Call Me, but I spin it fairly often and enjoy it. I'm pretty sure it's the only readily available reissue as well (with a couple color variants out there) - I'm sure a clean OG is better but I've never seen one in the wild.
Yeah, I picked up an OG last year on discogs pretty inexpensive that was graded VG+... It is mos def NOT VG+. It's not horrible, but pops during the intro of "Love and Happiness" which just sucks. 😐

Back