What's Spinning

Art Blakey at Ronnie Scotts

Cassette time to ease me into the weekend. There are 2hours 15mins of Art Blakey performing at Ronnie Scotts spread over 2 cassette tapes. This is one of the better audio quality ones, although I recently found out that the levels can be changed to fix the wobble on some of the others I have, I just need to transfer them to digital. Anyway, this session is fantastic and Blakey knocks it out of the park. Im just about to listen to the second cassette and hoping the compere mentions the date or something which will allow me to research which gig this was.

IMG_2886.jpg

Cross post from the challenge thread:

Day 02: Friday Fun

Art Pepper ‎– Friday Night At The Village Vanguard (Contemporary, 1980 First Pressing)

Ok so I admit this one is low hanging fruit, what with 'Friday' being in the title. But since Covid / lockdown I have found that I gravitate towards live jazz albums on a friday night, and this is one of my favourites. I picked this up a while ago in a local shop and there was actually 3 of them (Saturday and Sunday night at the Village Vanguard, I think), but annoyingly I only picked this one up. I recently discovered that they were collated in a Japan only box set, which I might seek out at some point. Really lovely, mellow session from Pepper here.

IMG_6360.JPG

Back