What's Spinning

I own, and love, every one of these female albums you posted today! Well put together!!

Thanks! I hadn't listened to a few of them in a while so it was a fun little theme to add to my listening today. All fantastic albums, you have great taste ;) haha

My collection #954-955

The Charlatans - Tellin' Stories
Franco et le TPOK Jazz - 24 Ans d'Age

I'm not much of a lyrics man. Tellin' Stories is absolutely a favourite album of mine but I made the mistake of reading the lyrics today, rather than just grooving to the music as usual. "A side of beef should see you off to sleep" goes the words of the first song at one stage. A bit crushed. And more fabulous Congolese music from the guitar maestro with all powerful (Tout Puissant) in his band name.

20200925_154221.jpg

20200925_141000.jpg

What a package! Gatefold is thick and sturdy. Artwork is on point and in the spirit of the original idea from 1997. The "pharmaceutical" vibe is all over it!

In my crowd we completely immersed ourselves in Spiritualized. We were fans from Pure Phase on and listened to this stuff all the time. For some of us it was a druggy thing without doing drugs...

The concert in Oslo in 1998 is my favorite gig of all time. What a fantastic time. And what a tribute to this epochal album this is. VMP really hit it home this time!!!!

Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space (Sony, 1997/VMP, 2020)

IMG_20200925_221117.jpg

Bill Evans - Evans In England (Resonance Records, 2019 Limited RSD Mono Promo Pressing)

Its been quite the wait but it's well worth it! I stupidly passed this up on RSD 2019. Resonance then found a box of promo copies and put them up at the standard RRP. When it arrived they had sent 2 copies of side C/D. The US postal service then went crazy and I have had to wait a few extra months. Finally arrived though and it sounds superb!

IMG_2683.JPG

Sam Rivers - Fuchsia Swing Song

EiytQ6DWsAk1eR7.jpg

Back