What's Spinning

Miles Davis Quinte – Freedom Jazz Dance (The Bootleg Series Vol. 5)

Picked this up for a reasonable price a few days ago. I was initially worried after listening to the first disc as there wasnt much substance to it musically (a lot of muffled talking and stop & starts) but the second and third discs are all music. Good music at that. Going to look for the previous records in the bootleg series as this was a real treat!

Julien Baker - Sprained Ankle (Matador Exclusive Orange - Although weirdly this is from VMP)

Just a breathtakingly beautiful album. I picked this up on a complete whim (I believe I actually saw @mcherry and @GritNGlitter discussing it and decided to pick it up blind) when VMP had it in store a while ago. Since then I have just been in love with everything Julien (and from this Boygenius, Lucy Dacus & Pheobe Bridgers) releases.

Miles Davis Quinte – Freedom Jazz Dance (The Bootleg Series Vol. 5)

Picked this up for a reasonable price a few days ago. I was initially worried after listening to the first disc as there wasnt much substance to it musically (a lot of muffled talking and stop & starts) but the second and third discs are all music. Good music at that. Going to look for the previous records in the bootleg series as this was a real treat!

View attachment 6007
For me, this is the worst of the series so far (and it's still great, as you say) so you're right - you're in for a *real* treat. Just to repeat - 1 and 2 in the series are among my favourite jazz records, ever...

Back