What's Spinning

Cross post from the challenge thread:

Day 4

Kishi Bashi ‎– Omoiyari (Joyful Noise Recordings, 2019 White Vinyl Pressing)

I was lucky enough to see Kishi Bashi at a tiny little venue in London last year (remember when live gigs were a thing??). I was at the front and as he was walking off the stage to walk into the crowd (to play his encore), he motioned for me to stand on the stage to get a better view and high fived me. After the gig everyone was leaving and Kishi came out from the side door, gave me a set list and signed it, before calling over Tall Tall Trees (his warm-up) and Emily Hope Price and they signed it to. Very surreal. I keep that set list, with the ticket, in the outersleeve as a memento.

IMG_1956.JPG

58805594-5C99-4A74-BA79-C807DFBD59AD.jpeg

1983 US SP pressing. Always nice to find an old rec that finds a way to survive against all odds. Pulled this from a questionable stack in the back storage. Whoever had it before played it hard. Lots of marks on the vinyl. Split leading edge on cover. But, it plays better than some new lps. Only a few minor ticks. Front stickers in tact. This rec has a history and its still got more quality spins to go. Cleaned and shelved.

Finally spinning this bad boy. Jerry’s guitar work sounds pristine per usual and Kahn is holding down the low end. Definitely weird hearing them go full acoustic where I’m more used to the Reckoning style acoustic versions, but definitely worth the listen for any fan of JerBear or the GOGDimage.jpg

Another cross post from the challenge thread, featuing a recent RSD pick-up!

Day 6: “Box Set Weekend pt 2”...and tomorrow ..choose another if you made a bad choice yesterday.

Sun Ra – Egypt 1971 (Strut, 2020 RSD Limited Box Set)
Dark Myth Equation Visitation / Nature's God (Live In Egypt, Vol. 1)

...and a heavy one for today. Currently spinning the first LP and its certainly a big sound! Classic Sun Ra with intermittent conversation from the band.

IMG_1959.JPG
IMG_1960.JPG

Back