What's Spinning

Bob James – Once Upon A Time: The Lost 1965 New York Studio Sessions (Resonance Records, 2020 Limited Pressing)

Last night's spin. Absolutely stunning release, really great pressing, awsome package, and superb booklet. Cant go wrong. The A-side was recorded much earlier than the B-side, so James' style had changed slightly. The A-side focuses on the more experimental/avant-garde while on the B-side he tackles some standards. Well worth picking up imo.

IMG_1889.JPG

Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet (Decca, 1968 First Mono Gatefold Pressing)

Listening to today's pick-up. Have to say im not a massive fan of the Rolling Stones, I really enjoy what I hear of them but they are not a group I actively look out for or play. I was initially going to put this straight on the sell/swap pile but it sounds pretty damn good so I might end up keeping it for a bit.

IMG_1923 2.JPG

Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet (Decca, 1968 First Mono Gatefold Pressing)

Listening to today's pick-up. Have to say im not a massive fan of the Rolling Stones, I really enjoy what I hear of them but they are not a group I actively look out for or play. I was initially going to put this straight on the sell/swap pile but it sounds pretty damn good so I might end up keeping it for a bit.

View attachment 64885

Best £1 you will ever spend!

Back