What's Spinning

Cross post from the challenge thread:

Lee Morgan Sextet - Volume 2 (Blue Note, 1957 First Mono Pressing)

Going with a HUGE one today. I finally found an affordable copy of this the other week and it arrived over the weekend. I opened it today along with a few other record goodies I will post in the Fresh Grabs at some point (it's my birthday today and my girlfriend has a couple of record shaped presents for me to open up later). This is Lee Morgan's 3rd album as lead (after 'Introducing Lee Morgan' on Savoy and 'Indeed!' on Blue Note). Its got a superb line-up which absolutely smashes it with 6 hard-bop numbers.

IMG_0602.JPG

Cross post from the challenge thread:

Lee Morgan Sextet - Volume 2 (Blue Note, 1957 First Mono Pressing)

Going with a HUGE one today. I finally found an affordable copy of this the other week and it arrived over the weekend. I opened it today along with a few other record goodies I will post in the Fresh Grabs at some point (it's my birthday today and my girlfriend has a couple of record shaped presents for me to open up later). This is Lee Morgan's 3rd album as lead (after 'Introducing Lee Morgan' on Savoy and 'Indeed!' on Blue Note). Its got a superb line-up which absolutely smashes it with 6 hard-bop numbers.

View attachment 59745
Happy birthday, squire!

Back