What's Spinning

Ah Dylanā€™s Christian phase, itā€™s not his most reveered period but its not his 80s nadir either...
I was waiting patiently for a Joe Mac comment on this. At first it threw me off but by the end I was digging it. Its not one I would go out of my way to buy (had I not found it so cheap) but its certainly going to get listened to more going ahead. I also got 'Slow Train Coming' and 'Shot Of Love', do you have a preference between those?

I was waiting patiently for a Joe Mac comment on this. At first it threw me off but by the end I was digging it. Its not one I would go out of my way to buy (had I not found it so cheap) but its certainly going to get listened to more going ahead. I also got 'Slow Train Coming' and 'Shot Of Love', do you have a preference between those?

Slow Train Coming is my favourite of that style Dylan, this is probably towards the bottom, but itā€™s not bad. There are 2/3 albums later in the 80s that arenā€™t just bad for Dylan, theyā€™re just bad. Knocked Out Loaded, Empire Burlesque and Down In The Groove Iā€™m give the side eye in your direction. Then came Oh Mercy! and Bob is back!

The National ā€Žā€“ High Violet (10th Anniversary Expanded Edition)

šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø

Working my way through this and it's my first time hearing, or consciously knowing I'm listening to, The National and it's certainly a mood. Very enjoyable to go through so far.

20200729_121529-01-0bkknb.jpeg

20200729_122744-01-0d3kte.jpeg

Given there are 15k available, this might still exist in the wild. Keep your hopes up šŸ™‚
I remember you saying this is your favorite of his.
I can't be too sad, I have the regular edition on red wax and it sounds great. Plus I'm so used to that tracklisting that it being in reverse might sound weird to me. Is that really the way Kendrick intended it to be heard? Because if so... why not put it out like that the first time Kenny šŸ§

Back