What's Spinning

Norah Jones - Feels Like Home

908E8F41-8702-4394-8033-A820C5D88F88.jpeg
Can you imagine being Norah Jones and having to come up with a follow up to the juggernaut that was Come Away With Me? Well Feels Like Home is an amazing sophomore effort, at times besting her debut. Plus we get a Dolly Parton duet! I just upgraded to the Analogue Productions 200 gram version and it sounds amazing.

Norah Jones - Feels Like Home

View attachment 51379
Can you imagine being Norah Jones and having to come up with a follow up to the juggernaut that was Come Away With Me? Well Feels Like Home is an amazing sophomore effort, at times besting her debut. Plus we get a Dolly Parton duet! I just upgraded to the Analogue Productions 200 gram version and it sounds amazing.
Old copy going to the PIF thread?? ;)

58AEA780-4433-4DBE-809F-CD8550AA21E3.jpeg
First listen to the new remaster/pressing. Always liked Queen’s music but not always the audio mix. These are digital remasters but on first listen it sounds almost laidback on QII. Going to have to listen to my original back to back with the new one to be sure. And, some of the others in the box.

So first listen, kind of liked new pressing. The original was always to bright for my ears. Couldn’t turn it up to loud as it is work night and others are sleeping. One sure thing is vinyl looks nice on this one. Black&White with nice etchings on the reverse sides. Minimal surface noise. Quiet.

Last edited:
Do I think its a good album? Yes
Do I think its one of the top two best records ever made? No
Do i think its in the top 5 best records ever made? No

I think this is one where those stupids lists got my expectations too high...
It took a while for it to click with me, at first I just didn’t get it. Then over the span of a couple years it finally hit me, but once it hit, it hit hard.

Last edited:
Back