What's Spinning

My collection #546-547

Cardinal
Sarah Tandy - Infection In The Sentence

A fantastic baroque pop album that I've loved since 1995 featuring Eric Matthews and Richard Davies, and one of the most underrated albums of the surging London jazz scene.

20200601_203539.jpg

20200601_212555.jpg

Dexter Gordon - Soy Califa - Live From Magleaas Højskole 1967 (Gearbox Records, 2014 Limited First Pressing)

In the early 60's Gordon moved to Europe and was met with open arms and kindness (he was leaving America as coming out from a dark place personally with heavy drug use). To give thanks back to the people he would regularly set up free live events and workshops at schools and colleges. This session is from an adult learning school in '67 and its stunning (the live video is available on youtube!)

IMG_7632.JPG

Kenny Burrell & John Coltrane - Kenny Burrell & John Coltrane (New Jazz, 1962 First Mono Pressing)

An absolute killer release on the New Jazz label. I still can't believe I picked this up for the price I paid. I managed to get this late last year at Honest Jon's in London for a ridiculous price, along with some other vinyl goodies. Such a good day.

IMG_7636.JPG

Back