What's Spinning

The agutierrezb 2019 record collection challenge

So I've decided to embark on my own personal challenge, which consists of listening every record in my collection before the end of the year. My record collection is not that big -only ~250-, but I still feel like there are a bunch of records I don't give enough attention to, while still adding more titles to my shelves.

For this reason I've set a couple of rules in order to play every record at least once before December 31st: I'll play at least one record a day, going from front to back in the way I have them sorted in my shelf. I can play a different record (i.e. Not the next one in alphabetical order) if I feel like listening to something else in any given moment, but at least one of the records I spin in the day has to be the LP in turn.

I didn't take pictures for the first two days, but I'll try to document the process from here on, so I'll be posting daily on this thread. Wish me luck!

#207: Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon

#208: Pink Floyd - Wish you were here

IMG_20200426_083950.jpg

This was the first Pink Floyd I owned on CD, so it is the one in their catalogue I connect with the most. That, plus the guitar playing on Crazy Diamond and Have a Cigar make this my favorite Pink Floyd on most days, but it really depends on my mood.

Blur - The Great Escape

I’ve always had a difficult relationship with this album. I didn’t like it when it came out and it’s still my least favourite blur album, even if I know that objectively it’s better than Leisure. That said in “The Universal” and “He Thought Of Cars” it has two absolute classic blur songs and I felt a compulsion to listen to it tonight.

45DB09D5-33A4-46F1-85A0-708432123E09.jpegCF9B8358-6A5D-490E-A83B-F0E1E7EFAD1C.jpeg

New Radicals "Maybe You've Been Brainwashed Too"[161/357]

View attachment 43520

Fresh grab from the SoV sale a few weeks back. One of my favorite albums and glad to have this limited edition on it(thanks @Crabbers !) Sounds great 👌

Another grab from the SoV sale. Also my first Bjork vinyl on my collection.

Björk "Medulla" [162/357]

IMG_20200427_163918.jpg

Do any east coasters remember Strawberries Records & Tapes? Just decided to look it up from the stickers on this record. Sounds like it was a pretty popular record store chain in the east that eventually went under due to its ties to the mafia. Love figuring out some history with records, and is a big reason why I love the hobby. Also why first and older pressings are always my favorite.IMG_20200427_185121.jpg

Back