Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary Review

You're also coming from the Revels which have a COMPLETELY different sound than the Lintons.

Yes this for sure @Hollywood plus you have three brand new components all of which will need their break in period. None of them will be where they end up yet. The whole thing will likely be in a bit of flux for a little while but by the sounds of it you have a nice little set up there and it’s going to sound great!

Yes this for sure @Hollywood plus you have three brand new components all of which will need their break in period. None of them will be where they end up yet. The whole thing will likely be in a bit of flux for a little while but by the sounds of it you have a nice little set up there and it’s going to sound great!
💯 and don't forget the cables 😉

It's been a while since I demoed mine. But are you able top spread them out a bit more ? You might be limiting your stereo spread/imaging by having them this close together tbh. @HiFi Guy
Not really 😕 Space is already tight as it is.

EDIT: I have played around a little with their placement and toe-in and it has made somewhat of a difference

Last edited:
This is my current receiver/Amp. It's strong enough for the Lintons right?

Thinking about upgrading the speakers now so they'll be nice and broken in by the time I have the cash for the prima Luna Evo 200
Probably won’t hurt anything but it’s not an ideal match. The Kenwood is rated for 8-16 ohm loads. The Lintons are rated at 6 ohms.

This basically means the speakers will demand roughly 25% more current than the Kenwood is rated to deliver.

Probably won’t hurt anything but it’s not an ideal match. The Kenwood is rated for 8-16 ohm loads. The Lintons are rated at 6 ohms.

This basically means the speakers will demand roughly 25% more current than the Kenwood is rated to deliver.

Ahh was hoping it worked the other way where 8ohms would work for 16. Guess I need to wait then or keep an eye out for something very cheap.

Back