Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary Review

Yep, the MM-6! That's really good to know, I'll probably just leave it powered on then. Thanks for the info. The comapny has been really great to deal with so far, and shipped out pretty quick.

So by transformation, you mean that what I listen to on day one will be good but by day 3 there will be some difference?
No. I mean from cold out of the box is good but 72 hours is makes huge difference. Not some difference. He says full break in takes about a week which for me is tomorrow night.

I really want to pick these up. Trying to hold off, but... How long do these continue to sell for? Is it something that won't be around in a month or two, or do they have a year or two? How does this all work? What is that beautiful house? My God, what have I done?
I heard that supplies are drying up so you better act quickly.

Ooooo....I didn’t know that. My comment was made up 😁

Yeah when I bought mine I really wanted to do click and collect on the same day so I rang the local that stocks Wharfedale. He said he had none in stock but that he’d take an order but because of that to beware that I might have to wait a while for new ones to be made in China and delivered to Wharfedale in the U.K. for them to distribute. As it turns out they arrived only a fortnight later but it could potentially lead to difficulties on some models until they rebuild their warehouse stock.

Yeah, selling my parents house and got a nice offer over asking. Waiting to get a little farther into it to make sure, but I think it's a realistic purchase soon. Now, about the amp... :) (kidding, kinda).
Make your life easier and get it all out of the way now so you can enjoy your records.
And then stay FAR AWAY from this thread for at least a year or more.

And that other thread too!

Yeah, selling my parents house and got a nice offer over asking. Waiting to get a little farther into it to make sure, but I think it's a realistic purchase soon. Now, about the amp... :) (kidding, kinda).

I’d kinda figure out how much you want to spend on an amp that’s a big enough upgrade and is worthy of the speakers and live with the marantz until that’s a reality/been saved for than just jumping in for the first upgrade at the earliest point.

Make your life easier and get it all out of the way now so you can enjoy your records.

I kinda lean that way, that Primaluna looks amazing, and my lady is cool with me managing the bonus room in the new place. I'd like it to be good to go soon after moving in in April.

I’d kinda figure out how much you want to spend on an amp that’s a big enough upgrade and is worthy of the speakers and live with the marantz until that’s a reality/been saved for than just jumping in for the first upgrade at the earliest point.
I'm thinking if I have the new preamp and speakers at my current place with the Marantz, it gives me some time to evaluate.

I kinda lean that way, that Primaluna looks amazing, and my lady is cool with me managing the bonus room in the new place. I'd like it to be good to go soon after moving in in April.

Tubes 😍😍😍

I'm thinking if I have the new preamp and speakers at my current place with the Marantz, it gives me some time to evaluate.

Yeah definitely. You’re better taking your time and figuring out the end goal. Even if it’s an expensive one waiting, saving and getting there in one is a cheaper route, if realistic, than going in increments

With what @Matt M has purchased and has ideas on, he won’t need or want to upgrade. But he should still hang here because we like him.

Back