Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary Review

You got the open box ones right? Are the like most other MD open boxes and look pretty much brand new?
Yeah. They are cosmetically flawless so I think someone just had buyer's remorse maybe? The only thing I noticed is the R speaker was in the L box and vice versa, and the little rubber thingies were already attached to the stands. No biggie. They came with plenty of extra rubber things and 3 sets of white gloves.

Yeah. They are cosmetically flawless so I think someone just had buyer's remorse maybe? The only thing I noticed is the R speaker was in the L box and vice versa, and the little rubber thingies were already attached to the stands. No biggie. They came with plenty of extra rubber things and 3 sets of white gloves.
Man...I love buying MD open box haha. I've done it a few times. My Wharfedale Dentons looked brand new. I'd never know that they were pre-owned.

We had a different term for “buyers remorse” when I was in the biz- we called it “buyer’s divorce”. In other words, the buyer’s partner said no.

With not having a option to locally demo the Linton's here are few youtube demo's (yes I know determining audio quality from video is hard) that have helped me realize if they would work for some of the styles I listen to. I thought they may help some others.

Jazz (starts about 2:30)

World/International

Jazz Vocals (Linton's starts around 7:00)

Jazz Trio

Vocal

Vocal @13:20

Last edited:
With not having a option to locally demo the Linton's here are few youtube demo's (yes I know determining audio quality from video is hard) that have helped me realize if they would work for some of the styles I listen to. I thought they may help some others.

World/International

Jazz Vocals (starts around 7:00)

Jazz Trio

I don’t know what all the hype is about. They don’t sound any better than my computer speakers. Huh.

;)

World/International

Jazz Vocals (starts around 7:00)

Jazz Trio

Vocal

Not even a fair fight vs the B&W...

I really want to pick these up. Trying to hold off, but... How long do these continue to sell for? Is it something that won't be around in a month or two, or do they have a year or two? How does this all work? What is that beautiful house? My God, what have I done?

Back