Welcome - Introduce Yourself Here

It's hand numbered, and someone has told me that someone at TMR said they were on JW's desk. I don't know how real it is or not, but I would really like it to be. The return address is for the venue where the Stripes played their first ever show.

As much shit as he gets, it wouldn't surprise me if it came (in)directly from him. Dude has always been a big supporter of vinyl and the record scene. I just wish he put more QC in the products he now hawks.

I'm Matt, former lurker, excited to be an active community member here. Living in Seattle for the past 4 years or so, definitely where I'm supposed to be in the PNW after growing up in the northeast. Been a vinyl nut for the past decade, collection about evenly split between LPs and 45s, mostly genres ending in 'rock', funk, soul, jazz. Kinda into Hi-Fi gear (used to be a bit more of a gear nerd in general than I am now), also wanna get a pair of direct drives and learn to mix sometime, especially with all the singles I've acquired as of late (Colemine Records addict).

Also a huge bird nerd @VegasJaneite have you had an exciting Spring migration season out by you? I'm often spending my free time right now in the marshes looking for Herons and Rails instead of at home with my turntable :)

Cool to see someone who works with KEXP here, @JonnyH that place is one of my favorite institutions on the planet! I just signed up to start volunteering, very much hope to find myself employed there eventually. Maybe I could ask you for some advice on getting into public radio some day? 🙏

I played bass in lots of different bands - shoegaze, punk, top 40s (it paid the bills!), hard rock, garage - until the past few years. Thought I'd be doing a bit more of that when I moved out here, but it'll happen one day again I'm sure. If anyone in/around Seattle wants to jam with a half washed up bassist tryin' to get it back together hit me up!

Never really introduced myself on ye olde forum. Going to do it proper this time.

Evan here. I'm terrible at anonymity, have an obsessive personality, and am proficient at giving unsolicited music recommendations. I (maybe) make up for it in my receptiveness to music suggestions in return — much to the dismay of my wallet.

I go to lots of live shows. Used to shoot them in college, actually. Now it's just a Samsung snap or two for the 'gram (in my sig below).

If you can put a post- in front of its genre, I'm probably sold (especially -rock, -punk and -metal).

Thanks for putting up with me.

Was fairly new to the old forums but very happy we are moving forward. Amazing job everyone, I had no doubt that something awesome would come of this.

Me- lives in LA, from the south. Father of a very new little girl. Into britpop, wine, nba, slow-paced moves, contemporary fiction, food and soccer among a million other things.

Also a huge bird nerd @VegasJaneite have you had an exciting Spring migration season out by you? I'm often spending my free time right now in the marshes looking for Herons and Rails instead of at home with my turntable :)

I wish! Las Vegas is not a big migratory location. We get some, of course, but you really have to seek them out. With a four year old, I don’t get out birding as often as I’d like. I love Seattle for birds! Cedar Waxwings! Swoon.

I never did this on the old forum, so here’s to new beginnings.

I’m in the midwest - Dakota territory - and my primary job is chasing after, feeding, reading to, and just generally keeping alive and happy my two boys (3 & 1). In my “free time”, I am finishing my dissertation on post-WWII British and Irish fiction. In reality, though, I spend all my free time playing my drums, which has been my passion since long ago, listening to jazz records, or watching superhero movies with my wife.

Um, other interests include: gardening and environmental sustainability, yoga for dudes, biking (as in bicycles), and nba basketball. Happy to be here and thanks to all who made this new forum happen.

I'm in. Props to those who set this up so quickly. African music and jazz are my main things at the moment, but I dig everything from 90s indie to 20s blues. I just love music, really, and looking forward to hang with others that do.

What up ya'll! Gwerbnm checking in. Lurking from the southwest (Albuquerque). High school math teaching and a 3-year-old means all I have time to do is check in from time to time, but should have a bit more time this summer. Will try not to disappear for 10 months come August. Big thanks to @mcherry for getting this going.

Back