Welcome - Introduce Yourself Here

Hey all - checking in from Madison, WI. Mostly just lurked on the old site but will attempt to be more active here. I checked the What’s Spinning thread regularly and found some great stuff there.

Big thanks to all those who got this up and running so fast!

Hi all. Posted here and there on the old VMP forums but never introduced myself. I’ve been collecting records since I was 6 and even though my mom tossed them all by accident when I was in college, I think I’ve been able to rebuild my collection just fine since I started collecting again in the early 00s. Chicago’s been great for growing my collection with all the great stores we have here. Most nights, my wife, myself and the dog listen to records. The dog’s a huge fan of Europe 72.

Excited to see this place grow!
Smart dog.

Hi my name is matt, and I have been collecting vinyl since 1997 when my parents were going to scrap their collection and I was off to college. It was a good way to start!

Bravo for the new forum. VMP forum was the reason I stuck around over there even after I dropped my membership. Hope to see this new home flourish.

Hi my name is matt, and I have been collecting vinyl since 1997 when my parents were going to scrap their collection and I was off to college. It was a good way to start!

Bravo for the new forum. VMP forum was the reason I stuck around over there even after I dropped my membership. Hope to see this new home flourish.
Wow, this place is flush with Matts. Please don't hold the actions of other Matts (we shall not name) against us!

Howdy - as is the story with most, I was an infrequent poster in the Voldemort, Me Please forums but spend much of my workday glued to the computer, so I lurked often. Big thanks to those who moved quickly to get this going again so I didn't have any more excuses to not participate more often.

Been raking my wallet with the vinyl game for about 5 years, my "main" tastes (with some primer examples!) include sludge/doom metal (Windhand, Cough, early Mastodon), alt-country (Sturgill, Isbell, Childers, TVZ), indie (Wilco, TVotR, Pile, LCD), hard bop and piano jazz (Bill Evans, McCoy Tyner, MilesD), ambient/atl/drone (Six Organs, Swans), and I'll cut it off there. Always on the lookout for recommendations, and happy to provide them myself. I have a deep and abiding love of the Grateful Dead, and I cannot fucking stand Arcade Fire.

Hey y'all I posted infrequently at the forum which shall not be named, for the you know what club. Really sucks that they took it down. Doesn't really make much sense to me, but oh well. Not all good things can last I guess.

Anyways, I'm glad to have another forum to discuss music and vinyl with folks who share the hobby! I posted on r/vinyl when I want to write something long, and I'm on Instagram for shorter posts and photos! Here's to the start of a great new forum for vinyl lovers!

I don't want to see any of you tossing around any greengrocers' apostrophes. This community will be civil!
Aaron's assemble!
giphy.gif

Don’t care if anyone wants wine with this cheese...life is good. We have survived and I am at peace. Vinyl spinning. Beer and ink flowing. And fuck the man...today is a good day N&G! Skol to new beginnings!

(Also any clay state, scruffy city, vfl, Dolly Parton homies, long state, eight state touch-in, catfishin...cousins say hello) ...also we pronounce our “ours” as “are’s”.

Last edited:
Hey! I'm a new guy here. I had become a VMP member fairly recently, since the beginning of the year, but over the past several months you guys on the forums were really helpful in exposing me to a lot of great music, I wouldn't have otherwise been enjoying. I pretty much lurked on the guesses and exclusives threads, but in the past few days have realized what a great group of people this is and that it's so much more than just figuring out my swaps and add ons. My roots are with rock (classic, hard rock, progressive) and jazz. (Not seeing a lot of love for progressive yet. Am I on an island?) I'm hoping to be able to contribute a lot more over on this side.
Start a prog thread. As evidenced today “if you build it, they will come”

I’ll let myself out.

Hello all. Very new here as I was never on the forum that dare not speak its name. I found you all after I stumbled across the last thread from that group. I actually used to be a member of VMP but discontinued my membership a year or two ago.

After reading through the thread with the announcement I thought you might be a good group to hang out with (always good to have another group of music folk).

My music tastes range from pop to rock to folk to classical to Prince. Lots of Prince. I have way too much vinyl and way too many CDs in the minds of most. I still listen to the music I listened to as a young kid and I continue to discover new artists and artists that are at least new to me. Looking forward to learning from you all.

Hello all. Very new here as I was never on the forum that dare not speak its name. I found you all after I stumbled across the last thread from that group. I actually used to be a member of VMP but discontinued my membership a year or two ago.

After reading through the thread with the announcement I thought you might be a good group to hang out with (always good to have another group of music folk).

My music tastes range from pop to rock to folk to classical to Prince. Lots of Prince. I have way too much vinyl and way too many CDs in the minds of most. I still listen to the music I listened to as a young kid and I continue to discover new artists and artists that are at least new to me. Looking forward to learning from you all.
Dude...define kid...as in i still listen to stuff from my teens, 20’s? Bc I do too!!!

Back